Introduction

I have recently returned home from yet another visit to the hospital! Something different happened this time. I opened myself up to absorb anything that could possibly have any sort of positive effect on me. I had an amazing experience. It wasn't about the
facility, the workers, food, classes, lectures...none of that. It was about me. Me opening up to the possibility of even just looking at and considering a new and completely made over way of living, cuz Hunny.... this way isn't working anymore! With this blog I hope to achieve but one thing. However, it is one of the biggest feats any human can achieve in my opinion, and that is to truly love and accept myself as who I am now. I decided I needed something to do for myself and I have always loved writing to express myself, and keeping a journal of sorts has been therapeutic for me in the past, so i thought I would try a blog to motivate me to start writing again, even if it is just for me. Please join me on my journey...

Monday, December 2, 2013

My Quest for Emotional Homeostasis

My overall focus this past week or so is my constant battle in finding an even, stable, somewhat consistent state of mind and mood.  I have been so unpredictable this last week, I think it's made me lose a large portion of the little bit of sanity I had.  I think I've stolen some of the sanity of my loved ones around me as well.  It all started about a month and half ago when I had to get a new medication prescriber.  I had been doing pretty well, but he thought he could improve overall condition by adding a new medication, lithium.  At first I was hesitant, I've heard a lot of mixed information concerning the drugs side effects and benefits.  I decided to try it.  I was on it for about a month, and my mood was unbelievably consistent.  I felt better than I had in a long time.  I was spending more time with my daughter, accomplishing tasks, just being overall more productive and a happier with who I was of a person.  Unfortunately, I was also having episodes of violent vomiting, nausea, vivid nightmares, and developed a quite noticeable tremor(as well as a few unmentionables side effects).  When I checked in with my Doctor and reported my side effects, he gave me the option to add four new medications to treat the side effects or discontinue the medication.  I chose to discontinue the medication and felts no need to replace the medication with something else.  The first day after not taking the medication I was full of uncontrollable manic rage.  I became hysterical, was completely irrational, and verbally attacking everyone in range of me, including strangers in public.  I called my doctor by the end of the day and set up the soonest appointment I could.  But I had to survive my unpredictable mania for one more day.  The rage day concluded with me having to take a very sedating antipsychotic and just knock my ass out.....  OK I've done pretty good so far to write this much.  Unfortunately, I am still wrestling with balancing my moods and at this point in time, I cannot finish writing this post due to an extreme amount of manic or restlessness and anxiety, which I like to refer to you as excitable misery.  I'm setting a goal to finish this post at a later time.  However, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a problem with follow through.  Any encouragement and reminders to motivate me in finishing this post would be greatly appreciated.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good post boo, I'll help remind you to finish it. Keep hangin in there, your doing great in spite of the present issues.

    ReplyDelete